Pet Odor Removal
P.U.R.T.® , Pet Urine Removal Treatment, is a revolutionary
new product specially formulated to eliminate urine odors.
This product has shown excellent results on even the most
severe pet or human urine deposits.
Facts You Need to Know About Urine in Fibers:
Urine is powerful, and when urine gets into fiber, the fiber is ruined forever -- even after the urine is gone. The bleaching property of urine weakens the tensile strength of fiber, causing light to reflect differently and the carpet to look a different color. Urine can result in color loss, and sometimes contains ingredients that dye the fibers. Once fiber has absorbed what it can, urine contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material beneath. Often, without your knowing, pets will be attracted to the same general location and urinate there repeatedly. Urine odors can permeate from the carpet, pad, ﬂoor, tack strip, baseboard, wall, and even the framework behind the wall and floor.
As urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Some crystals have spikes on them, causing them to more firmly attach to fibers, much like foxtails or star thistle stick to your socks. Simple cleaning with any process can not remove this deposit. Until recently, there were plenty of products to try and cover up the odor, but none to effectively remove the SOURCE of urine odor. But when P.U.R.T contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined with the aid of professional cordless black light and moisture probe inspection.
- In very bad cases, the carpet is pulled back in suspect areas to reveal the extent of damage.
- In severe cases, it may be necessary to remove and replace the pad, and an odor-blocking shellac may be applied to the floor and subfloor, resulting in additional costs for which a written price is given before work begins.
- In worst cases, the carpet, pad, and perhaps tack strips and baseboards must be replaced.
- Although the P.U.R.T. product works with the cleaning solution, the price for remediation service such as P.U.R.T. is not included with cleaning. A separate price for P.U.R.T. is given in writing before work begins.
- First, the bulk of the urine deposit is extracted from the carpet.
- When required, P.U.R.T. will then be applied heavily to the carpet backing, floor, subfloor, tack strip, subﬂoor, and baseboards. It may be necessary to apply this product heavily enough to saturate all areas affected by the urine. Areas receiving the additional P.U.R.T. will naturally not dry as quickly as areas that need cleaning only.
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. react with the urine to break down the odor-causing components. Most people, and animals, will notice an acute odor as P.U.R.T. does in a few days what nature takes years to accomplish.